- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
At an Awards Dinner in Liverpool on July 10, the British Coatings Federation (BCF) was thrilled to be awarded the Trade Association Forum (TAF) "Leadership of the Year” Award.
The BCF is one of more than 300 TAF members. The award entry was put forward by the BCF’s Board of Directors’ Executive Committee, recognising the significant contribution made by BCF’s CEO Tom Bowtell, since he took the helm at the Leatherhead-based trade association in June 2012.
In the past two years, Tom has grown membership significantly, reduced overhead costs and delivered a record surplus for the BCF, allowing the Federation to have funds to manage their pension deficit. Member satisfaction has grown in all areas and Tom has spent significant amounts of time out visiting members, listening to their needs.
His leadership style inspires others with his drive, enthusiasm and creativity and he is constantly looking for new ideas. A good example of this is a new national partnership with BT and the Community HeartBeat Trust to install defibrillators in phone boxes in rural areas, with BCF members donating red gloss paint to help renovate phone boxes being repurposed as defibrillator stations across the country.