- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Birla Carbon, a leader in sustainable carbon solutions, is establishing two new carbon black manufacturing sites in Niadupet, Andhra Pradesh, India, and Rayong, Thailand.
“We are excited to augment our expansion plans in support of key customers in the fast-growing markets of India and south east Asia,” stated John Loudermilk, President and Chief Executive Officer, Birla Carbon. “These two new state-of-the-art factories will ensure a secure supply of our industry-leading products, quality, and service, allowing our customers to meet their growth ambitions.”
Each of the new facilities will have an initial capacity of 120Kt operational in 2025, with plans to expand to 240Kt in the future. These two new greenfield sites will be prioritised based on their locations, demand dynamics in the region and specific customer needs. Previously announced brownfield expansion plans in Hungary, as well as the post treatment facility expanding Specialty capacity at Patalganga, India, are progressing on plan.
Birla Carbon will focus on the completion of its expansion initiatives while it continues to evaluate additional capacity requirements in various geographies, in line with its Purpose, to ‘Share the Strength,’ driven by customer needs, industry trends and its ambition to be the clear sustainability leader in the industry.