- Dow Corning to Exhibit its Silicone Additives and Resins for Paints and Inks at ACS 2012
- Ecological coating for bananas
- Silence, human touch and durable finishes: Axalta’s trend forecasting studio predicts th...
- PPG electrocoat aerospace primer qualified by Dassault Aviation
- AkzoNobel breaks ground on powder coatings plant in Mumbai, India
Blagden, a well-known name in the UK chemicals industry, raised the profile of its business and the chemicals industry in November when, cheered on by flag-waving crowds, company representatives joined Jessica Ennis, 18 vintage cars, a steamroller and 6500 people in a procession through the streets of the City of London.
The occasion for Blagden was the celebration of the company’s 150th anniversary. The procession the company joined was in celebration of another historic institution, the Lord Mayor’s Show.
It was in 1862 that WG Blagden first started trading and, from its beginnings as a chemical merchanting operation, which pioneered the refining of crude petroleum, Blagden has played a leading role in the development of the UK chemicals industry as both a manufacturer and distributor.