- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Arkema presented its latest developments in Asia for the coating business at Chinacoat 2012 at the end of November. These include: start up of an emulsion products manufacturing capacity for Arkema Coating Resins in September 2012 and of Coatex’s acrylic additives plant in 2011 on the Changhu complex facility (China); New acrylic resin production capabilities for Arkema Coating Resins at the company’s Pasir Gudang, Malaysia facility; Investment of 50% of polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) capacity at Changshu, products for high performance industrial coatings; Opening of a technical service and development centre in Guangzhou, China; and the opening at the end of 2012 of an R&D centre located at Changshu.