- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
The Emulsion Polymers business of Celanese has formally dedicated its expanded vinyl acetate/ethylene (VAE) unit in Nanjing, China.
The expansion, which doubles the original capacity of the VAE unit, came online in the second quarter. "This VAE unit expansion is a reflection of Celanese’s commitment to the further development of vinyl-based emulsion solutions spanning a broad range of end-use applications including areas such as low VOC, low odour paints with our EcoVAE binder, speciality adhesives and building and construction applications,” said Phillip McDivitt, general manager.
"Celanese has shown a strong commitment to China and Asia with its continued investments here in Nanjing and across the region. There are now eight units here at the Celanese Nanjing Chemical Complex and more are planned at this facility, which is already Celanese’s largest complex in the world,” said Josh Cheng, president of Celanese China.