- Industry viewpoint: Engage early to solve puzzle of UK’s new Building Safety Act
- Transforming paint and coatings with sustainable innovation
- From beverages to coatings: PPCJ speaks to Hempel’s new EVP & Head of Decorativ...
- Trading in Thailand: PPCJ speaks to Maple Company
- Focus on sustainability: Water-based possibilities
The past few years have seen all industry sectors battle various challenges, and the chemical supply chain is no exception. Tim Doggett, Chief Executive of the Chemical Business Association (CBA), outlines some of the major challenges facing the chemical supply chain industry
The chemical supply chain has faced its fair share of challenges over the past few years. In addition to dealing with COVID, the sector has had to contend with regulatory changes and increased bureaucracy due to Brexit, major supply chain disruptions, and the geopolitical fallout from the conflict in Ukraine. Additionally, it has faced challenges such as huge price increases in the cost of moving freight, the closure of manufacturing plants, raw material shortages, rising energy costs, and a raft of new customs formalities and procedures for trading with the EU.
Read the full article here: Tim Doggett – Chemical Business Association
"Once sophisticated and efficient supply chains have regressed due to the administrative requirements and checks required."