- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
NEI Corporation has developed a breakthrough, chromate-free conversion coating for magnesium alloys that independently provides exceptional corrosion resistance while also improving adhesion with an overlying paint layer (primer). Additionally, this coating is able to self-heal. The NEI conversion coating, Nanomyte PT-60, performs as well as or better than a conventional CCC in terms of protection against corrosion. Results also show performance approaching that of a state-of-the-art anodized coating, which is another well established, but more expensive, technology to protect magnesium alloys.