- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Clariant has acquired the organic pigment business of Jiangsu Multicolor Fine Chemical Co Ltd (JMC) based in Jiangsu Province, China.
JMC is a leading supplier of several types of high performance pigments and pigment preparations in China. The business recorded sales of RMB210M (approximately CHF30M). It manufactures and markets pigments and pigment preparations mainly for customers in coatings, plastics and printing inks in the domestic and export markets.
Additionally, as part of this project, Clariant will build a world scale pigment PV23 plant in Zhenjiang, Jiangsu Province. The plant will be designed to ensure highest yields, lowest cost and the highest efficiency in terms of sustainable operations and full compliance with local and international regulatory standards.
The bolt-on acquisition and the subsequent investment in a new plant allows Clariant to expand its pigments and pigment preparation activities in China in order to have better access to customers in the region and especially in China. The new plant, together with the other facilities in its manufacturing network, reinforces Clariant’s ongoing commitment to fulfil the growing demand of customers in coatings, plastics, printing inks and other applications for high-quality products and solutions.
"The acquistion of the Jiangsu Multicolor Business and the investment in a world scale pigment plant in Zhenjiang will consolidate our position as a leader in the pigments industry and it is in line with Clariant’s strategy of taking advantage of growth opportunities in Asia,” said Hariolf Kottmann, CEO of Clariant.