- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Clariant has announced the inauguration of an important new extension to its production facility in Roha, south-east of Mumbai, India.
The expansion doubles its capacity at the facility for pigments and pigment preparations. This higher output will enable the company to increase its market coverage in India and the neighbouring countries of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and to provide products better tailored to customer needs.
The increase in capacity has been made possible with the introduction of the very latest equipment for high-end pigment preparation. The improved plant, in which Clariant has invested CHF3.2M (INR20 crores), forms part of a strategic programme that the company has been carrying out in recent years to support customers in emerging markets with high quality pigments and pigment preparations that comply with local and international eco-labelling schemes.
Pigments and pigment preparations produced at the Roha plant are for a wide range of applications, including interior and exterior coatings, packaging, personal, home and fabric care products seed coatings and dispersions for printing.