- Kaneka to increase production capacities for Kaneka MS Polymer in Westerlo, Belgium
- BASF recognised for its contribution to sustainable development
- Mitsui Chemicals to build XDI plant for coatings in Japan
- Gold variant of ThermoHold launched in Japan
- BASF boosts R&D in Asia Pacific for automotive coatings
Switzerland-based speciality chemicals company Clariant has announced the opening of its regional headquarters for South East Asia & Pacific and its Global Textile Chemicals headquarters, both located in Singapore.
Clariant also celebrated on November 1, the inauguration of its ethoxylation plant and application laboratory in Guangdong, China.
Clariant’s regional hub is the first headquarters to be shared by Clariant and Süd-Chemie. The current 200 employees based at the Singapore location will support customers in the South East Asia and Pacific regions. In the past five years, Clariant’s sales in the Asia Pacific region have grown from 17% to around 22% and investment in China alone reached over CHF200M (US$225M).