- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Oxea announced, October 28, that it will build its first chemical plant for the production of oxo derivatives in Nanjing, China, in 2012.
Scheduled to go on-stream in 2013, the plant will serve the fast-growing demand for oxo derivatives in China and Asia. Oxo derivatives are key ingredients that are used in nearly all sectors of China’s economy, including automotive, construction, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and personal care products. This investment will establish a production platform for Oxea in China and is part of Oxea’s overall strategy to expand into growth regions.
"China is the main growth engine for the Asia Pacific region and at this strategic location our new plant will greatly support our local customers there. In a first step our Nanjing plant will produce Oxea’s speciality esters, phthalate-free plasticisers and other oxo derivatives. However, we have allowed space for future expansion and new investments,” said Miguel Mantas, executive board member for marketing and sales.
"The new plant will enable Oxea to better serve the steadily growing high demand for our products in China and Asia and, at the same time, further strengthen Oxea’s leading global market position,” Mantas continued.
Located at the Yangtze River, the Nanjing Chemical Industry Park is an important chemical industry base in China. The Park offers an existing base of large chemical companies, good infrastructure and access to human resources.