- Covestro increases share of renewable power for site in Belgium
- Yorkshire linseed paint manufacturer expands with move to new premises as demand soars
- IMCD Australia and New Zealand strengthen its coatings and construction business with the ...
- Johnstone’s Paint brand by PPG announces long-term partnership with World Snooker To...
- Henkel signs agreement to acquire Seal for Life Industries
Clariant, a world leader in speciality chemicals, will build a pigment preparations plant in Indonesia in a series of investments to strengthen on-the-ground support for customers in China, India and Indonesia. The announcement marks another step in Clariant’s significant commitment to support customers in the emerging markets with high quality low VOC pigment preparations complying with eco labelling schemes such as Blue Angel and equivalent schemes in other regions.
The company is investing approximately CHF8M to enhance its capabilities in the region. The investments include the construction of a pigment preparations plant at Clariant’s Tangerang site in Indonesia that will double capacity to support the strong market growth in the country. Production is scheduled to commence in September. Clariant is also finalising the feasibility for expanding the capacity at its Azo pigments and pigment preparations plants in Roha, India by 50%. It will also expand its development capabilities in Roha, Shanghai and DaGang to provide a faster response to requests for product development tailored to the needs of the local markets.