- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Wacker Chemie AG officially ramped up its new production plant for vinyl acetate-ethylene copolymer (VAE) dispersions at its Nanjing site (Jiangsu Province, China).
With the additional 60,000t from the second reactor line, the local VAE dispersion capacity is doubling to total 120,000t/yr. The plant complex is, therefore, one of the largest of its kind in China.
At the same time, the Group is currently building a plant at Nanjing to produce polyvinyl acetate (PVAc) solid resins with a capacity of 20,000t/yr. It is scheduled to come on stream in late 2013. Capital expenditures for both projects will amount to some €40M.
The dispersion-plant expansion is Wacker’s response to the rising demand for high-quality VAE dispersions, especially in China and Southeast Asia’s emerging markets.
The project goal is to ensure sufficient capacities for the strong demand for Vinnapas VAE dispersions now and in the years ahead.