- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Clariant has opened a new production site for its Industrial & Consumer Specialties Business Unit (ICS), in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico.
Hariolf Kottmann, Clariant CEO, said: "With the opening of this site in Coatzacoalcos, Clariant will strengthen the competitive solutions, for which we are known by our clients around the world. Mexico is a key player for our operations in Latin America and this site will be an important reference for the international standards of innovation, sustainability and competitiveness that we want to consolidate within the region.”
With an investment of more than US$20M and an area of four hectares, the site will produce several chemical specialities and technological solutions for different markets, including painting, personal care, crop protection, metalworking and construction.
"With the opening of our new site in Mexico, we will integrate the production of both finished products and intermediates in one place.
"This will increase the effectiveness of our processes in the supply of raw materials and logistics costs, which will benefit our customers,” said Michael Willome, Global Head of Business Unit ICS.