- Jotun supports aid in Libya and Morocco
- Sherwin-Williams releases Color of the Year 2024: Upward
- Henkel Adhesives Technologies publishes audited method for sustainability assessment of pr...
- “MyCarbonFootprint”: BASF launches dashboard for sustainable procurement
- PPG introduces PPG SUSTAINABILITY CO₂NCEPT system to help automotive body shops reduce e...
Michelman will be featuring a variety of new and enhanced surface modifiers on stand 7-523 at the European Coatings Show 2013.
One of the new products being introduced will be Michem® Wood Coating 75, a proprietary anionic formulation that provides excellent water resistance in topical wood coatings. The new low-VOC formulation prevents the swelling of wood in the presence of water and produces outstanding water bead.
Other highlighted products will include:
• Michem Prime 6121, a versatile dispersion that provides outstanding adhesion to both metallic and cellulosic substrates, aids corrosion protection and enhances the water, grease, oil and solvent resistance of coatings and adhesives.
• Michem Guard 349, a nonionic polyethylene dispersion designed to impart rub resistance, block resistance and matting properties in aqueous paints, coatings and inks.
• NatureShield® 41, a natural oil emulsion used in wood and concrete applications to produce water resistance. It also creates a wet look on stone surfaces. As a penetrating oil emulsion, it highlights the grain of wood substrates.
• Michem Emulsion 53145, a co-emulsion additive that produces superior rub and scratch resistance in aqueous industrial coatings and printing inks. It can be used at 3% to 5% dry weight on polymer solids to improve coating performance. It also works well as an anti-block additive with some water resistance properties.