- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Clariant continues to expand its global production capabilities to support customers in the Greater China region, with the inauguration of a pigments facility. The plant in DaGang in the city of Tianjin, which came on-stream at the end of 2011, is a joint venture between Clariant and Tianjin Bohai Chemical Industry Company with a total investment of CNY120M (US$19M).
The facility will produce pigment preparations in liquid and solid form for applications in the coating, plastics and printing industries and for consumer products and industrial special applications. It includes 16 production lines and warehouse, laboratories and office space, occupying a surface area of 13,000m².