- Covestro signs first major renewable energy agreement for its US operations
- Toyochem constructs new pilot facility for high-performance polymers in Japan
- Omya extends lightweight fillers portfolio with the acquisition of Bublon
- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
Connell Brothers, the largest distributor of speciality chemicals and ingredients in Asia Pacific, has announced that, effective August 1, it will represent US Silica across Asia including Japan, Korea, Taiwan, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines, as well as in Australia and India. US Silica has been a leading producer of commercial silica sand for more than 100 years.
This new partnership is aimed to offer the coatings, sealants, ceramics, inks and silicon manufacturers in these countries high purity, high quality natural silicas. The MIN-U-SIL fine ground silica and SIL-CO-SIL ground silica product lines are characterised by consistent pH and narrow size distributions, which allow very high process efficiency and enhance durability of end products.
"This new relationship will add an extra dimension to our continued growth,” said JP Blanchard, VP and GM of Industrial and Specialties, US Silica. He added: "In addition, it will enable vast opportunities to leverage their extensive local inventory, expansive labs and exceptional technical teams throughout the region.”
"We are ready to offer our broad network and strong logistical capabilities to grow the business for US Silica.” Alex Grantz, General Manager, Export Business, CBC, stated: "I am confident that we can support downstream customers with application and market knowledge built over 100 years. Our application labs and technical teams deployed all over the region can ensure the customers experience the superior quality of the MIN-U-SIL and SIL-CO-SIL line of products.”