- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Connell Brothers, the largest marketer and distributor of speciality chemicals and industrial ingredients in Asia Pacific, recently expanded its capabilities in Thailand with a new coatings laboratory.
Since its inception in November 2011, the lab team has begun work on more than 45 projects, nine of which have been completed, for multiple customers in Thailand. For these customers, the company noted that it has been able to shorten the process of approval steps for products and formulations by utilising these lab services. Customers and suppliers are invited regularly to the lab for specialised training sessions and seminars. The company believes that working collaboratively with its partners is an effective approach to solving product formulation challenges.
The new lab is part of an expansion strategy to support growing supplier needs and reach new customers in local markets across Asia Pacific. Connell Brothers employs nearly 100 people in Thailand with a central location in Bangkok. Beyond Thailand, it operates an extensive network across Asia Pacific with 37 offices across 17 countries in the region.