- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
The National Titanium Dioxide Company, Ltd has entered into an agreement to acquire the TiO2 assets of Jiangxi Tikon Titanium Company, Ltd.
The Jiangxi Tikon manufacturing facility is located in the city of Fuzhou in Jiangxi Province, The People’s Republic of China. The transaction, which is expected to close no later than the end of Q1, 2015, will consist of a combination of an asset and equity deal structure. The acquisition is part of Cristal’s strategy to expand its global geographical presence in all regions of the world and to increase its presence in the largest TiO2 demand market in the world.
Mark Stoll, Director General – Corporate Development, said: "Cristal firmly believes this transaction will further enhance our ability to increase our product offering to our global customer base and show our commitment
to supplying the best
products and services available in the industry.”
China represents a significant portion of the future global TiO2demand growth over the coming decades. This move supports Cristal’s strategy to grow as the strongest and most globally placed titanium producer in the world.
Cristal operates seven manufacturing plants in six countries on five continents and employs nearly 4500 people worldwide.