- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Wacker Asahikasei Silicone, a Japanese joint venture of Wacker Chemie AG, has opened a development laboratory for airbag applications. The competence centre will spearhead the development of silicone coatings for airbags and technical textiles in the region. Investment in the new laboratory amounts to roughly €1M. Wacker Asahikasei Silicone (AWS) is jointly owned by Wacker and the Japanese chemical group Asahi Chemical Industry each with a 50% stake.
Located in Tsukuba, Japan. the centre will develop and test products for local airbag manufacturers and their suppliers. Key material tests, such as coating, heat-resistance and fire-safety tests, can now be performed locally.