- DuPont and Dow approved for merger
- The Chemours Company makes the 2017 Fortune 500 list less than two years after Its spin-of...
- Arkema announces a new project to produce polyamide 12 in China mid-2020
- Atlas is exhibiting at K 2013
- Meeting essential supplies – Indestructible Paint continues to deliver
Attendees at the American Coatings Show (ACS) 2012, May 8 – 10 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Ind., can learn about Dow Corning’s effective silicone-based solutions for waterborne and solvent-based paints, inks and coatings.
Visitors to the booths of two Dow Corning distributors – Univar (Booth 811) and Nexeo Solutions (Booth 217) – will learn about Dow Corning® brand additives and resins, and how they can help create paint and ink formulations with differentiated performance, even on difficult substrates and in challenging formulations.
Through displays, visitors will learn how silicone additives and resins from Dow Corning are aligned with their needs for sustainability and business growth.
• The Dow Corning® family of superwetter additives for waterborne and radiation-cured paints, inks and coatings includes a range of products for cost-effective, optimum performance with good recoatability and no impact on slip, even on challenging substrates like wood, plastics and metal.
• The Dow Corning® family of slip and levelling additives for solventborne and radiation-cured paints, inks and coatings includes several products that enable the design of tailored flow and levelling solutions for use on wood, furniture and plastic substrates without worrying about foam stabilisation or recoatability.
• Dow Corning® 100F Additive, for use in solvent-based, high-solids, solventless and radiation-curable coatings, is a fluorosilicone that is effective at very low use levels and does not affect surface appearance or recoatability, even after long-term storage.
• Dow Corning® 87 Additive and Dow Corning® 88 Additive for acrylic emulsion and solventborne decorative coating formulations provides improved water resistance at very low use levels, even on wood, masonry and other porous substrates, without affecting water vapor permeability or recoatability.
• COMING SOON: Dow Corning® 3055 Resin is designed for use in next-generation polysiloxane topcoats. Formulations based on epoxy resins crosslinked with this new isocyanate- and HAPS-free, high-solids amino silicone resin show improved thermal stability, gloss and water resistance.