- USA’s Brightland Homes selects PPG as exclusive paint provider for new home builds
- SABIC and global chemical companies sign agreement with TNO for R&D hub for plastic w...
- Covestro tackles maximum efficiency in urban mobility
- PPG opens US$30M battery pack application centre in China
- PPG opens Color Creation Lab with Chery Automobile in China
Dow Coating Materials’ principal research scientist, Zhenwen Fu, has received first place in the prestigious Roon Awards competition, part of the 2014 American Coatings Conference held in April.
The Roon Awards are designed to recognise the best technical papers representing original scientific and innovative research directly related to the protective coatings industry.
Zhenwen’s technical paper, ‘Designed Hybridization: A Paradigm Shift in New Latex Polymer Coatings,’ focuses on recent research findings on how the Designed Hybridization Technology creates hybrid latex polymers for coatings.
Through extensive research, Zhenwen discovered a novel acrylic/epoxy hybrid dispersion that incorporates the best features of both waterborne conventional epoxy dispersion and acrylic latex systems for impactful performance formulation in concrete floor and wall coatings.