- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
DuPont Powder Coatings has announced the transition of its Alesta RAL product line from the standard triglycidyl isocyanurate (TGIC) to hydroxyalkylamide (HAA), TGIC-free chemistry.
The company has more than 20 years’ experience in formulating HAAs and believes the trend in North America will reflect the transition from TGIC to HAA polyesters already occurring in other regions around the world. "Responsible Care issues, relative to the anticipated warning/labelling requirements for TGIC-containing polyesters, are the primary driving force for the alternate technology,” said Megan Wiehe, Product Manager.
Alesta RAL HAA (TGIC-free) powder products are a more sustainable coating solution, meet or exceed AAMA 2603 specifications and offer improved performance in: weathering, charging (transfer efficiency), cure response and storage stability.