- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
DuPont Powder Coatings has announced the transition of its Alesta RAL product line from the standard triglycidyl isocyanurate (TGIC) to hydroxyalkylamide (HAA), TGIC-free chemistry.
The company has more than 20 years’ experience in formulating HAAs and believes the trend in North America will reflect the transition from TGIC to HAA polyesters already occurring in other regions around the world. "Responsible Care issues, relative to the anticipated warning/labelling requirements for TGIC-containing polyesters, are the primary driving force for the alternate technology,” said Megan Wiehe, Product Manager.
Alesta RAL HAA (TGIC-free) powder products are a more sustainable coating solution, meet or exceed AAMA 2603 specifications and offer improved performance in: weathering, charging (transfer efficiency), cure response and storage stability.