- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Clariant highlighted a range of eco-efficient solutions for high performance at the recent Chinacoat under the motto ‘Reliable performance. Innovation that inspires’. Key products shown included:
- Hostaperm Pink E2Y, a quinacridone magenta pigment made by Clariant in China. It has high colour strength and good light and weather fastness in a wide range of concentrations. Following strict quality control procedures and specifications, this product fulfils the requirements of many coatings applications and is well-suited for water-based and solvent-based paint systems.
- Easily Dispersible (ED) Pigment. ED pigments are organic pigments that have been surface-treated with an additive. This additive leads to the ‘ED effect’, meaning that they can be easily incorporated into the paint system with a dissolver and without an additional milling step. Clariant offers three ranges: EDS pigments for solvent-based industrial paints, EDU pigments for solvent- and water-based industrial paints and EDW pigments for water-based decorative paints.
- Ceridust, Licowax and Licocene waxes are incorporated in paints, coatings and ink to achieve or improve properties, such as sandability, smoothness, hand feel, anti-scratch and water repellency. Virtually insoluble in water they are attacked only very slowly by micro-organisms in water and cause no significant biological oxygen demand.