- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Emerald Kalama Chemical, a division of Emerald Performance Materials, announced it has begun construction of a 60% capacity expansion for K-Flex non-phthalate plasticisers at its Kalama, WA, USA facility.
The additional reactor capacity is scheduled to be commissioned in January 2013. This is the company’s second capacity expansion for the K-Flex product line at its Washington facility in the past two years.
Earlier this year, the company also announced construction of a new K-Flex manufacturing site, which is under way in The Netherlands.
"Our product line strategy has been to focus on more environmentally friendly non-phthalate plasticisers and low-VOC coalescents that provide performance advantages to the customer,” said Shamsi Gravel, Emerald Kalama’s Product Line Manager for The Americas. K-FLEX plasticisers and coalescents are used in adhesives, PVC compounds, coatings and other latex polymer applications.