- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
The European Solvents Industry Group (ESIG) celebrated its 15th anniversary event on November 16 at the Club Royal des Officiers du Regiment des Guides in Brussels, Belgium.
José Antonio Ruiz, ESIG chairman, looked back on ESIG’s achievements in assisting solvent users, 80% of whom are SMEs, with REACH regulatory compliance, through the development of a standardised catalogue simplifying the process of submitting exposure scenarios. "ESIG has been instrumental in helping its members comply with EU air quality legislation, which contributed to the reduction of ground level ozone,” he said.
Antoine Brossier, ESIG director general paid tribute to the Chairman and welcomed John Greenhough, sponsored by Shell and current Product Stewardship Chair, who will take over as ESIG Chair in 2012.