- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Hunton & Williams and Penman Consulting have launched the REACH Product Stewardship Forum (www.reachpsforum.eu), a web site designed to help companies and stakeholders navigate the maze of available processes, regulations and guidelines for the European Union’s REACH (Registration, Evaluation Authorisation and restriction of Chemicals) Regulation and integrate REACH into a global compliance programme.
Designed by legal and consulting experts involved in the development of the regulation since its inception, the website offers a straightforward approach to understanding REACH, specifically: a comprehensive calendar of milestones; a user-friendly checklist on how to prepare for registration; an up-to-date overview of legal proceedings, such as cases involving the Candidate List, classification and labelling and an accessible snapshot of compliance requirements and bodies involved.
"Our intent is to make understanding REACH as simple as possible by providing a concise overview of the regulations,” said Lucas Bergkamp, who heads the European regulatory practice of Hunton & Williams. "This portal is a key resource ahead of the 2013 Registration deadline, comprising critical advice for a smooth submission of dossiers.”
Adopted by the EU in 2006, the REACH regulation is one of the most complex chemical regulations in the world, addressing more than 30,000 substances. It impacts the entire chemical supply chain ranging from producers to importers and suppliers.