- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Evonik Industries has officially opened a new production line to manufacture surface-treated fumed silica under the Aerosil brand name.
The new line will be located at Evonik’s Rheinfelden, Germany site, which will boost its global production capacity for these products by 25%.
Aerosil speciality silica grades enhance the properties of high-performance adhesives, sealants and industrial resins, as well as varnishes and paints. The key driver behind the soaring demand for these products is the development of resource efficient products and technologies. Market trends, including the development of renewable energy sources and the automotive industry’s trend away from mechanical fasteners in favour of higher performance bonding, will be supported by this expansion.
Other significant applications include defoamer, plastic and toner products.