- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
- IChemE celebrates 2023 Global Awards winners
- Flint Group puts EkoCure® Dual Cure technology in the spotlight at Labelexpo Asia 2023
Evonik Industries has announced it is to build a production plant for polymer dispersants at the Goldschmidtstrasse site in Essen. The company is investing an amount in the double-digit-million-euro range and is tripling its global capacity for polymer dispersants. Plans call for startup in Q1, 2015.
Polymer dispersants are mainly used in water-based systems in paints and printing inks and in high-solid systems with a low proportion of solvent.
Dr Ulrich Küsthardt, head of the Coatings & Additives Business Unit of Evonik said: "The product group of polymer dispersants is developing in an extremely attractive way. With our expanded capacity, we want to serve this growing market. For our customers, we are a competent innovation partner; offering outstanding solutions for functional coatings and paints.”