- Do more for less with Intelli-ion®: Elevating anti-corrosion coatings with low loadings
- Innovative polycarbonates for lighting and building technology
- Maximising corrosion protection and preservation at grease points
- PPG to review strategic alternatives for architectural coatings business in the USA and Ca...
- UK coatings industry’s Net Zero Roadmap awarded Publication of the Year at the 2024 Trad...
Evonik Industries, one of the world’s leading speciality chemicals companies, is to start up new facilities and production capacities, representing an investment volume of close to €1bn, in high-growth emerging markets in 2014. "By the end of the coming year, we will have implemented more than €3bn of the total €6bn investments that are planned from 2012 to 2016. This will make a contribution to our future economic success,” said Klaus Engel, Chairman of the Executive Board.
In China, Evonik will start up new production facilities for isophorone and isophorone diamine in Shanghai. These so-called crosslinkers are essential components for the production of coatings and paints, industrial floors and synthetic leather. The total investment volume is more than €100M.
In Germany, a new facility for the production of functionalised polybutadienes is projected to open in the spring. The investment volume is in the mid double-digit million-Euro range. Evonik distributes functionalised polybutadiene under the name Polyvest HT.