- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Gemini Dispersions has announced it is to expand into the Indian market with its first order for its specialist paint and coatings colourants.
The UK-based manufacturer of colour pigment dispersions plans to open a laboratory in India as it celebrates adding another territory to its growing list of international customers. Gemini already supplies companies in 70 countries worldwide. Gemini’s deal with a distributor serving a substantial customer base in India coincided with a UK trade mission to the country led by British Prime Minister David Cameron and came only four months after the company established a sales operation in the country.
The order follows a period of substantial growth for Gemini, which is based in Waterfoot, Rossendale, Lancashire.
Turnover at Gemini has doubled since 2005 and the company has defied the impact of the global economic downturn to record consistent sales growth since the recession first started to hit UK companies in 2008.