- New British Coatings Federation report highlights essential coatings contribution to econo...
- PPG announces leadership changes in aerospace coatings business
- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
A research report, ‘Global Paints & Coatings Market Report: 2012 Edition’ published by Market Publishers Ltd, has revealed that emerging markets are exhibiting huge potential for the growth of both architectural and industrial coatings.
In 2010, the global paint and coatings market reached the pre-recession level. The industry is dominated by the architectural coatings segment, with industrial coatings also having a significant share in the market. China is the largest consumer of coating additives in Asia and accounted for more than half of the region’s market share in 2010.
Emerging markets are exhibiting huge potential for the growth of both architectural coatings and industrial coatings. The surging demand for green-based chemicals is driving the replacement of solvent-based products with water-based products.
The report draws up an elaborate picture of the paint and coatings market globally, with a special focus on North America (the USA and Canada) and the Asia Pacific (India and China). It features major market trends, growth drivers and challenges; presents the competitive structure of the industry and profiles top market players along with a detailed discussion of their key business strategies. The future growth of the worldwide paint and coatings industry through 2015 is also provided.