- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
Leading industrial and marine coatings supplier Hempel is expanding its operations in the Indian subcontinent with a manufacturing unit in Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
The company also plans to invest approximately €15-20M in a greenfield project over a period of three years. Kim Junge Andersen, CFO, Hempel commented on the move: "We are excited to expand our presence in the Indian subcontinent and supply not only India but also Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, the Maldives and Nepal.”
The plant will feature the latest in environmentally friendly coating production equipment, including a semi-automatic powder handling system, an automatic liquid dosing system and a solvent recovery unit.
Mr Umesh Singh, director, Hempel South Asia commented: "We look forward to supplying protective and marine coatings to the growing markets for these segments in South Asia.
"In these markets, our goal is to double our 2010 turnover to above €8M by 2013, and to triple turnover to more than €25M by the end of 2015.”
In compliance with Henkel’s group standards, the factory will also be fitted with the latest manufacturing equipment designed for maximum productivity.