- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Leading industrial and marine coatings supplier Hempel is expanding its operations in the Indian subcontinent with a manufacturing unit in Nashik, Maharashtra, India.
The company also plans to invest approximately €15-20M in a greenfield project over a period of three years. Kim Junge Andersen, CFO, Hempel commented on the move: "We are excited to expand our presence in the Indian subcontinent and supply not only India but also Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, the Maldives and Nepal.”
The plant will feature the latest in environmentally friendly coating production equipment, including a semi-automatic powder handling system, an automatic liquid dosing system and a solvent recovery unit.
Mr Umesh Singh, director, Hempel South Asia commented: "We look forward to supplying protective and marine coatings to the growing markets for these segments in South Asia.
"In these markets, our goal is to double our 2010 turnover to above €8M by 2013, and to triple turnover to more than €25M by the end of 2015.”
In compliance with Henkel’s group standards, the factory will also be fitted with the latest manufacturing equipment designed for maximum productivity.