- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Henan Billion Chemicals has commissioned a titanium dioxide (TiO2) manufacturing and research facility in Henan Province, China. The 366,000m² plant utilises a chloride-based technology to produce 100,000t of TiO2/yr with room to extend its capabilities. The facility also includes an Enterprise technology centre, which will ease development, testing and qualification of next generation based TiO2.
PPG Industries has provided the output process since 2012. Charles Kahle, R&D Chief Technology Officer and VP at PPG Industries, said: ”The pre-production batches at the facility have scaled up well and we are in the final stages of qualifying commercial quantities of product.” PPG projects to utilise TiO2 produced at the facility as a pigment in its paints and coating.