- Berger Paints celebrates centennial year with record sales
- Nouryon signs its first power purchase agreement for an onsite solar project in the US
- Consistently sustainable: Updated method published for entire BASF product portfolio
- BCF calls for greater urgency on REACH impasse, warning of irreparable damage to UK manufa...
- BASF celebrates 10 years of its Northeast Research Alliance in the US
Henkel has signed an agreement to acquire Novamelt GmbH, a privately owned company based in the south of Germany. With this transaction Henkel one of the leading solution providers worldwide for adhesives, sealants and functional coatings will further enhance its competence in the area of hotmelt adhesives.
In fiscal 2014, Novamelt GmbH, based in Wehr, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, generated sales of around e50M. The company has about 100 employees, is headquartered in Germany and has an additional site in the USA, Novamelt Americas LLC.
Novamelt offers a comprehensive portfolio of specialised hotmelt adhesives. Especially the UV-curable hotmelts the company has developed withstand even high temperatures and heavily changing weather conditions. Novamelt’s solutions are mainly used for self-adhesive labels and tapes.
"Targeted investments in complementary leading technologies are an integral part of our global strategy,” said Csaba Szendrei, Henkel Corporate Senior VP, Packaging and Consumer Goods Adhesives.
"Novamelt’s solutions perfectly fit to our existing pressure sensitive adhesives business,” he added. In fiscal 2014, the Adhesive Technologies business unit generated sales of more than e8bn.