- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
AkzoNobel Powder Coatings became the first powder coatings supplier to be awarded Qualicoat Class 2 certification in India. The certification was awarded to Interpon D2525, a super durable architectural powder coating and is the first approval in the higher durability category in India.
Qualicoat is a well-respected external quality standard that ensures products meet clearly defined quality and performance criteria. A high level of quality and performance is critical in the architectural market, and this certification will allow customers and specifiers to choose a product guaranteed to meet their expectations in terms of quality and durability.
Russell Deane, Global Architectural Marketing Manager at AkzoNobel Powder Coatings, commented: "This success is an excellent example of the continued progress towards superior performance products in the Indian market. We are extremely pleased to be the first coating manufacturer in India to be awarded the prestigious Qualicoat certification in the super durable category.”
This news comes after AkzoNobel’s factory in Bangalore, India, received the Karnataka State Safety Award for its efforts in the field of health, safety and environment.