- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
PPG Industries has entered into a technical collaboration agreement with Montreal, Canada-based Argex Mining Inc to utilise PPG’s existing technology and know-how relating to the manufacture of titanium dioxide (TiO2) pigment for paints and coatings applications. Terms were not disclosed. PPG previously manufactured TiO2 using the chloride process at its Natrium, W Va, USA, chemicals plant plant and sold titanium dioxide pigment for coatings and other end-use applications. Titanium dioxide is a raw material widely used in the paint and coatings industry as pigment for its hiding, durability and whiteness characteristics.