- EU round up – EU USA trade deal could liberalise trans-Atlantic coatings trade
- Brookfield celebrates 80 years
- Reminder of the free webinar by IDTechEx on Thursday 11 February 2016
- Paxcon secure safety initiative recommendation from US Army
- New generation of additive for glass-fibre reinforced plastics
PPG Industries has entered into a technical collaboration agreement with Montreal, Canada-based Argex Mining Inc to utilise PPG’s existing technology and know-how relating to the manufacture of titanium dioxide (TiO2) pigment for paints and coatings applications. Terms were not disclosed. PPG previously manufactured TiO2 using the chloride process at its Natrium, W Va, USA, chemicals plant plant and sold titanium dioxide pigment for coatings and other end-use applications. Titanium dioxide is a raw material widely used in the paint and coatings industry as pigment for its hiding, durability and whiteness characteristics.