- Lanxess increases prices for adipic acid
- BASF’s financial strength supports proposed stable dividend of €3.40 per share for the...
- AkzoNobel transforms town in Pakistan with the power of paint
- BASF Coatings signs global preferred partnership agreement with INEOS Automotive for its g...
- Wacker’s polysilicon production successfully certified to IATF 16949
PPG Industries has entered into a technical collaboration agreement with Montreal, Canada-based Argex Mining Inc to utilise PPG’s existing technology and know-how relating to the manufacture of titanium dioxide (TiO2) pigment for paints and coatings applications. Terms were not disclosed. PPG previously manufactured TiO2 using the chloride process at its Natrium, W Va, USA, chemicals plant plant and sold titanium dioxide pigment for coatings and other end-use applications. Titanium dioxide is a raw material widely used in the paint and coatings industry as pigment for its hiding, durability and whiteness characteristics.