- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
Formulators of solventborne and UV coatings can now achieve excellent slip and hand feel performance without causing decreased recoatability thanks to a new family of Dow Corning brand slip and levelling agents that are effective on wood, furniture and plastics.
Dow Corning 205SL, 204SL and 401LS Additive are multipurpose additives that provide a range of solubilities and other characteristics at low addition levels and enable formulators to develop tailored solutions for optimised performance in multiple resin systems and applications.
Dow Corning 205SL Additive gives excellent hand feel and also functions as an antifoam, while the 204SL Additive provides the product family’s best-in-class slip performance in radiation curable coatings and allows for low VOC levels and formulation flexibility.
Dow Corning 401LS Additive offers improved slip performance and good wetting and levelling properties without affecting coating clarity in solventborne formulations.
"With this new family of slip and levelling agents, we are offering formulators the ability to fine-tune their formulations and tweak them for desired performance,” said Joscelin Wong, Dow Corning’s ASEAN Market Manager for coatings. "Furthermore, these new silicone materials are compliant with European legislation for indirect food contact (Swiss Ordinance RS 817.023.21 Annex 6, Part B).”