- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Jotun has announced it will be offering the Ci51 paint matching spectrophotometer made by X-Rite Europe GmbH to all its customers using the Jotun Multicolor concept in more than 80 countries, to improve and simplify paint matching of custom-mixed decorative paints.
Jotun has chosen the Ci51 as its main spectrophotometer to give distributors of its paints the best available technology for colour matching of inspiration items. The instrument precisely measures the colours of paint chips, textiles, plastics, paper and other inspiration items and then formulates the colours of paints with a high degree of accuracy.
Brunella Fornasari, Director of Business Development and Strategic Accounts at X-Rite, said paint retailers that adopt the Ci51 technology will see benefits in improved colour matching accuracy, simplicity of use and ease of calibration.
The new lightweight design has visual and audio signals that indicate when measurements have been taken properly and adjustments that allow store personnel to take measurements on hard-to-handle samples. With its new USB connection, the instrument can be installed in seconds.