- PPG partners with Prague Crafts Academy to train the next generation of painters
- Offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Zuid inaugurated
- UPM selects Brenntag as sole European distributor of its new bio-based MEG
- PPG partners with Dutch university to develop world’s first off-road solar car
- Philippine lead paint ban feted in Bonn, Germany
Lanxess is strengthening its product portfolio for biocides to serve the megatrend urbanisation. The German speciality chemicals group has acquired Singapore-based PCTS Specialty Chemicals Pte Ltd for an undisclosed amount. PCTS specialises in biocides for environmentally friendly water-based paints and employs about 20 people at modern production and laboratory facilities close to Lanxess’ Singapore headquarters. PCTS recorded sales in the single-digit €M range in 2012, with 60% of it being generated in China.
The company was majority owned by NIPSEA Technologies Pte Ltd.