- JBP reinforces its reputation as a leader within the sustainable paint industry in Thailan...
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start transforms 27 schools worldwide with colourful makeovers
- BASF broadens its Monomers Portfolio and launches bio-based 2-Octyl Acrylate
- Lanxess and Tennants: Cooperation for enhanced industrial plant hygiene
- PPG’s New Paint for a New Start initiative transforms school for children with autis...
BASF and SINOPEC are considering the extension of their Nanjing joint venture BASF-YPC Company Limited with the expansion of existing ethylene oxide (EO) production and a new plant for neopentylglycol (NPG). BASF-YPC will further expand its acrylic acid value chain with additional acrylic acid and butyl acrylate plants. Production is expected to commence in 2014.
Together with the superabsorbent polymer (SAP) plant, now under construction and also expected to begin production in 2014, BASF-YPC Company will enhance its support to the home care and hygiene industries, as well as the coatings, textiles and construction industries.
"With expanded production of important basic chemicals including NPG and EO, our new world-scale acrylic acid facility and our butyl acrylate and SAP plants, BASF can further strengthen its production base in the C2 and C3 value chains. These are the starting points for the full range of innovative solutions we offer to nearly every industry. This underlines our confidence in the development of the Asia Pacific and China markets,” said Dr Albert Heuser, President Greater China and Functions Asia Pacific, BASF.