- Siegwerk strengthens its Process Management & Consulting teams in Southeast Asia and I...
- IGM Resins appoints Solindis as distribution partner
- Powder characterisation workshop hosted by Freeman Technology and Surface Measurement Syst...
- Chameleon Colour Systems celebrates 20 years in business
- Royal inauguration celebrates success of Sadara Chemical Company
AkzoNobel has announced that the Supervisory Board and Board member Leif Darner have mutually agreed that Leif will step down from the Board of Management at the 2013 AGM in April. Conrad Keijzer, currently Managing Director of AkzoNobel Industrial Coatings, will succeed Leif Darner in his responsibilities for Performance Coatings. Keijzer will join the Executive Committee on January 1, 2013, ensuring a smooth hand-over.
Leif Darner has had an extensive and successful career at AkzoNobel, joining the company in 1998 when Courtaulds became part of the company. He was appointed Business Unit Manager of AkzoNobel Marine and Protective Coatings in 1999, a position he held until 2004, when he was appointed to the Board of Management as member responsible for Chemicals. In May 2008, he assumed responsibility for the Performance Coatings business area.
In addition, Werner Fuhrmann, currently Executive Committee member responsible for Supply Chain and Sourcing and presently also responsible for the Specialty Chemicals business area on an interim basis, will officially become the Executive Committee member responsible for Specialty Chemicals.