- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
RheoSense Inc has developed a viscosity test protocol for its m‑VROC viscometer that achieves viscosity measurement using only 20µl of sample fluid.
This micro sample measurement is the lowest in the industry. The test protocol is fully explained in their applications note: ‘Small sample viscosity measurements using 20µl (microlitre) sample volumes with the RheoSense m‑VROC viscometer’.
"Working with customers, especially in protein formulation, we heard a common need to reduce measurement sample size because the fluids were so expensive,” said Matt Chamberlain, product marketing director. "By providing a measurement protocol which uses only 20µl of sample, our m-VROC viscosity measurement system can save customers tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars per year in material costs when compared to similar viscometers in use today.”
The m‑VROC viscosity measurement system already had the smallest sample size in the industry at 50µl. RheoSense Inc. is continuing to improve its patented VROC technology to provide more value to customers.