- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Michelman has acquired its long-time sales and service partner, Supack International P/L, making it an integral part of Michelman India.
The company is dedicated to the development of the Indian market, with an immediate focus on the growing printing and packaging sector. It also has expansion plans to service other coatings and manufacturing industries that Michelman supports worldwide.
Appointed as Co-directors of Michelman India are Mr Pankaj Shah, Supack’s founder and Mr Steven Wong, Michelman’s VP/MD, Asia Pacific. With the Supack acquisition, the Mumbai, India-based Michelman India hosts a business centre, laboratory and an experienced team of sales, technical service and business operations personnel. By keeping the existing team intact, customers will experience a seamless continuation of business and technical services.
The facility’s laboratory has been equipped recently with several industry accepted product testing capabilities for packaging, printing, and coating applications.
According to Mr Jeff Rodgers, CFO at Michelman, "Michelman and Supack have been serving the Indian market together for more than 30 years. Mr Shah’s experience and stellar reputation have allowed us to establish a firm position in the Indian packaging industry. With this acquisition, coupled with our established laboratory capabilities, we will be intensifying our resource commitment to the region to support current customers, while also increasing our focus on serving customers of our Coatings and Industrial Manufacturing Groups.”