- New British Coatings Federation report highlights essential coatings contribution to econo...
- PPG announces leadership changes in aerospace coatings business
- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
Ms Lori Gobris has joined Michelman as Global Marketing Manager for Circular Economy.
Gobris will be responsible for Michelman’s global market strategy and programmes that enable sustainable packaging solutions for the Circular Economy within its Printing & Packaging business segment. She will lead Michelman’s efforts to continue to expand and broaden solutions in the sustainable packaging market space in both fibre based and film-based solutions. Ms Gobris brings with her nearly 30 years of paper and flexible packaging experience, most recently as a Senior Marketing Manager at Amcor, leading segments across multiple flexible packaging market applications. Before that, she held various technical and marketing roles at Coating Excellence and International Paper.
The company has been opening new markets for paper & film packaging since creating its first repulpable water-based coating more than 50 years ago. Its current barrier & functional coatings for paper and film make it possible to develop recyclable, repulpable, and industrially compostable packaging.
Explained Rick Michelman, the company’s President & CEO: "Michelman designs solutions with the Circular Economy in mind. Lori’s market expertise and industry knowledge will help us commercialise innovative solutions for packaging with a planet-positive end-of-life."
Added Gobris: "Sustainability is a passion of mine, and two of the reasons I chose Michelman is its purpose of Innovating a Sustainable Future and its long history of developing solutions for sustainable packaging. I am excited to collaborate with an incredible team of experts to identify new opportunities to create a more Circular Economy."