- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
Michelman has invested in new digital imaging technology that allows chemists to view coating and substrate samples at nano-level magnification. The technology is part of Michelman’s investment in the Michelman Advanced Materials Collaboration Centre that was officially opened on October 2, 2014 at the company’s global headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The technology, not widely available in the packaging coatings and speciality chemicals industries, allows Michelman to quickly and thoroughly analyse surface characteristics that are critical to development of successful coating systems for paper board, corrugated, flexible packaging, wood, metal, plastic, concrete and other industrial applications. The information gathered includes high resolution 3D and topographical views using non-destructive sample preparation and roughness measurements.