- PPG completes Colorful Communities project in Shildon, UK
- ITN Business and IChemE launch news-style programme, ‘Engineering a Sustainable World’
- Graphene nanotubes revolutionise protective film technology: ultrathin, permanently conduc...
- AkzoNobel graduates first engineers from its training programme
- AkzoNobel and China’s Wuxi El Pont exploring use of electron beams to cure coatings
Michelman celebrated the grand opening of its new Advanced Materials Collaboration Center on October 2, 2014 at the company’s global headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. The AMCC enhances Michelman’s ability to develop innovative water-based coatings, surface additives and polymers for the many industries it serves. It includes six new laboratories with state-of-the art equipment, bright and accessible open space and meeting rooms designed to allow application teams to collaborate on projects, and office space for staff and associates.
New simulation equipment allows the company to more accurately observe how product solutions perform under actual end-use conditions and use that information to improve formulations. This capability helps customers reduce product concept to commercialisation time.