- Vattenfall and BASF to partner on German offshore wind farms Nordlicht 1 and 2
- AkzoNobel Powder Coatings partners with coatingAI to explore new frontiers in sustainabili...
- PPG again earns Equality 100 Award in 2023 Corporate Equality Index, spotlighting 20 years...
- Arkema finalises the acquisition of its 54% stake in PI Advanced Materials
- BASF Research Press Conference 2023 – Chemistry and sustainability: A perfect match
A new coatings association has been launched, the Middle East Paints and Coatings Association.
Founding member companies include Akzo Nobel, Altakamol (Sheibani Group), Asian Paints, Axalta, Caparol Paints, Hempel, Jotun, National Paints, PPG, RAR Holding and Kaizen Paints Middle East (KPME).
MEPCA will engage with industry stakeholders to facilitate their connection, share knowledge, improve business conditions and contribute to the international dialogue.
Analysts have estimated that the Middle East paints and costings market is worth around US$4,700M – and could rise to as much as US$7,500M by 2032. Around 75% of the regional demand comes from construction (decorative and protective) and marine coatings with the rest from OEM sector.
The inaugural Chairman of MEPCA is Abubaker Sheibani, CEO of the Sheibani Group, who said: “There is no shortage of paints and costings expertise in our region of the world and MEPCA will play an instrumental role in taking forward our future success. We will work closely with regulators, producers, and industry experts to ensure our growth, continued business success and the long-term sustainable development of our industry, starting a new era of co-operation. I am thrilled and proud to be its founding Chairman as we embark on this next stage of our journey.”
MEPCA leadership team also include Martin Rosocha, the Managing Director of Caparol Paints and Vice Chairman of MEPCA, and Jasbir Gill, the Regional Director of Akzo Nobel and Treasurer of MEPCA.
The next Middle East Coatings Show will take place in Dubai, April 2024. For more information, visit: www.middleeastcoatingsshow.com/dubai