- IMCD appoints Dorthe Mikkelsen as member of the Supervisory Board
- EkoCure® Dual Cure ink puts Flint Group and All4Labels on shared path to success
- Advancion launches new multifunctional etheramine for waterborne industrial coatings syste...
- IMCD China enters the lubricants market with the acquisition of Guangzhou RBD Chemical
- AkzoNobel and Kansai Paint mutually agree not to proceed with African transaction
Mitsui Chemicals announced that the company will take its competitive edge in its world top share ophthalmic lens monomers and coatings and engineering materials to the next level by constructing the world’s first large scale plant for XDI within its Omuta Works (Kyushu, Japan). This new development is one of several measures the company has undertaken in recent years to restructure its business and product portfolio.
XDI is a functional material made with proprietary technology and offered only by the Mitsui Chemicals Group. Extensively used in coatings and engineering materials, it is widely used in products requiring safety and durability such as adhesives for food packaging, in special inks and coating materials such as those used in solar cells and smartphones and in high durability building sealants and highly safe microcapsules.
Additional demand is also expected by product shifts from different materials.