- Covestro increases share of renewable power for site in Belgium
- Yorkshire linseed paint manufacturer expands with move to new premises as demand soars
- IMCD Australia and New Zealand strengthen its coatings and construction business with the ...
- Johnstone’s Paint brand by PPG announces long-term partnership with World Snooker To...
- Henkel signs agreement to acquire Seal for Life Industries
Momentive Specialty Chemicals Inc has announced plans to build a new plant in Chonburi, Thailand, which will increase its capacity to produce acrylic-based resins and service customers in Southeast Asia.
The plant significantly expands Momentive’s production of acrylic-based resins in the region by tripling its capacity. The site, which is located on land purchased by Momentive in the Pingthong Industrial Estate Park, will produce a broad range of acrylic resins designed for use primarily in coatings, adhesives and building and construction applications. In addition to production facilities, the site will include product development and applications laboratories as well as technical service and application support capabilities for customers.
"This new plant reinforces our commitment to our valued customers in the region and is the next step in our global growth strategy,” said Julia Harp, Executive Vice President for Momentive’s Monomers, Dispersions and Powders (MDP) business. "Upon completion, we will be positioned to significantly enhance our offerings of acrylic resins.”
Construction of the plant is under way and completion and commissioning is expected to occur in the first half of 2013. When fully operational the plant is expected to employ 30 people. Momentive’s existing, smaller plant in Samutsakorn, Thailand, which is a leased property, will be closed upon completion of the new facility. The company will continue to maintain its sales and administrative offices in Bangkok.